- Download and read this information guide for more information on the different types of engineering apprenticeship delivered by Tyne North Training.
- Application Form
- Download and complete the application form using either of these two options. Select the most convenient option for you.
- Option One
- Download and open the application form. There is a Microsoft Word and OpenOffice format available for download.
- Type your details into the appropriate sections of the form.
- Save and email the completed application form to Tyne North Training.
- Return your completed form via email to:
- Option Two
- Download and print the application form.
- Write your details into the appropriate sections of the form.
- Post the completed form to Tyne North Training.
- Remember to use the correct value stamp for the size of envelope being used.
Tyne and Wear, NE28 9NJ
What happens next?
The next stages in the candidate selection process after your application has been processed are:
- Assessment Tests
- The first stage of recruitment process is to undertake a maths, literacy and general ability test at Tyne North Training.
- Information about You
- You will then be asked to complete and return the second part of the application form in which you tell us why you have chosen an engineering apprenticeship.
- Interview - Tyne North Training
- If you have passed the tests and we have received you completed application form you will be invited to attend a brief interview with Training Officer at Tyne North Training. This interview will be held at Tyne North Training.
- Interview - Employer
- The results of your tests and interview will be forwarded to employing companies and they will select and request candidates to attend an interview at their location.
- Click on this link to plan your journey to the employer interview:
- Apprenticeship Offer
- Successful candidates will be offered employment as an apprentice.
- Apprenticeship Induction
- All apprentices undertake a full induction at Tyne North Training prior to starting the apprenticeship. This induction will include numeracy and literacy diagnostic assessments.
- Start the Apprenticeship
- Commence the apprenticeship starting with either college attendance or working at the employer site as applicable to apprenticeship requirements.
Successful candidates are those who perform well during the assessment tests and have been able to demonstrate enthusiasm towards engineering and the motivation and commitment to complete their apprenticeship training programme.
It is expected that candidates for the advanced apprenticeship programme will have achieved, or are expected to achieve GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 or above in mathematics, English and preferably a science subject.